Re: [OM] If you had to choose only ONE body . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] If you had to choose only ONE body . . .
From: Alasdair Mackintosh <Alasdair.Mackintosh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 13 Oct 2000 17:43:48 +0100
I'll add another vote for the OM-4. I bought mine back in March, and it
hasn't yet eaten the batteries it came with. (It's got the Ti circuit,
which helps.) I was a bit worried at first about buying a camera that would
die when the battery gave out, but I find myself something of a convert.

I seem to use the spot meter nearly all the time. When I first look at a
scene, I take a spot reading from something that looks like a
mid-tone. Then I sweep the spot around the scene, watching how the level
varies as I meter from different parts of the scene. I may take one or two
more measurements to shift the exposure slightly up or down.

If the variation seems wide, or if my preconception of how the light levels
vary doesn't seem to tally with what the meter is telling me, I clear the
readings I've taken, and start again, thinking more carefully about the
scene, and about the effects I'm trying to achieve.

Most of the time is seems to work, and the slides I've taken with the OM-4
seem to come out correctly exposed 900f the time.

If only the compositions were interesting...

Alasdair