Re: [OM] If you had to choose only ONE body . . .

Subject: Re: [OM] If you had to choose only ONE body . . .
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 09:27:06 -0400
I use 4T mechanical parts to fix original 4s.  Here's the problem with using
4T electrical parts.  First, parts cost is high,  $125 - $150 for the 4T
circuit alone (and this gets marked up to the consumer).  Then 2-3 hours to
put it in ONLY to find out that (sometimes) the shutter is bad too or that
new circuit is buggy.  It is for this reason that I don't do OM-4 circuit
jobs, now that my outside shop has decided to stop doing them.   Spend half
a day on one camera, and it still doesn't work?  Not me, can't afford it.

John  Hermanson
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 http://www.zuiko.com
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000