Re: [OM][OT] Bikini Auctions......

Subject: Re: [OM][OT] Bikini Auctions......
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 05:18:55 GMT
Hey, "doofy" and "clueless"? That's me all over. Y'know the "Lionel Osborne" character played by Tim Meadows on SNL's "Perspective's" skits? The distinguished older gentleman who responds to every comment by his guests with "Fantastic," no matter how inappropriate? Yup...me.

Until I had grandkids I didn't have a good excuse for being clueless. And in my 42 y/o dotage, the bikini babe in the ad looks pretty cute to me. But I'm less picky about looks than personality and whether she'll ride a Harley and tolerate my hobbies/distractions.
-----------
Lex Jenkins
Musta been a UFO.  It wuz flyin' an' I dunno whut it wuz. - A "farmer"
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 09:12:24 +1100

Years I spent in advertising and I admire this one. "doofy" and "clueless"?
Anyone realised that almost EVERYONE on this list has checked out the ad
and the previous ads I presume, and any future ones until the gimmick palls
- seems bloody clever to me (and quite charming in its way)
Andrew
(hairy, well-gutted but not quite yet a grandfather).