Re: [OM][OT] Bikini Auctions......

Subject: Re: [OM][OT] Bikini Auctions......
From: "Samuel Morales" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 01:40:49 -0500
I agree sex sells, you see it every day in beer commercials and car ads,
it's as old as ancient Greece.  If you drink beer and have a boat and ski's
the chicks are all over you. Somehow the commercials always made it look
easier, didn't  they.

My brother a psychology major, told me a real funny story one day. It was
when his home was under construction, an attractive women was walking around
the block and passed his home where the saws and the hammers where ah
clanking away, when the women got closer, all the workers stopped and
starred. In his words, he said: "the construction workers looked like apes
starring this poor women down."

This is how commercials probably started, someone was building a castle or
cave and noticed how everyone's attention quickly turned when an attractive
person walked by.

Do you remember the old sexist airline commercials, Hi! I'm Suzy, come fly
me!..... True story... Today if they ran a commercial like this I do not
know what would happen.... it would probably make major news or a revolution
would occur with the women activist groups (no-pun intended toward any women
on this site)....Times change don't they....

Sam...