[OM] Helicoid lubricant

Subject: [OM] Helicoid lubricant
From: Morgan Sparks <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 10:20:38 -0400
With cold weather approaching, I'm wondering if there's some way to
loosen up some of my stiff-focusing lenses.  It seems like any lubricant
should have a proper thinner/solvent.  Is there such a thing for
helicoid grease, and can it be applied without making a mess of things?

Or, can a compatible grease be dabbed on the threads and "worked in"?
I'm trying to avoid disassembly and cleaning, which isn't economically
justified for these lenses.

Morgan Sparks