Re: [OM] OT - Off all the things (ebay related - skip if that annoys you

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Off all the things (ebay related - skip if that annoys you)
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 09:51:41 +0100
Tom Scales
> Just my luck.  I have a dozen OM auctions ending, some right now, all over
> the next hour and... Ebay's down.  Has been for the last 45 minutes...

I've noticed that several sellers have said in their descriptions something
like "I reserve the right to cancel this auction if eBay is not functioning
at the time of closing," and that's the way to go I think. As you say, most
of the important bidding is in the last 15 minutes and it would be unfair to
both the last-minute bidder whose bid fails to get through and to the seller
not to start over. EBay must have a policy on this, but I haven't seen what
it is.

Regards,
Keith Berry