RE: [OM] macro suggestions, sell/trade!

Subject: RE: [OM] macro suggestions, sell/trade!
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 21:13:59 +1100
>:I'd like suggestions as to what to get that will provide
>:decent quality close focus.  I have an open mind here, so a
>:zoom/prime, macro 2x, or even a non-zuiko are possibilites.
>:I'll use this for very occasional and highly casual shooting
>:of things like  flowers and so forth.  The main thing is that
>:I'm trying to get by on the cheap for this niche as my primary
>:application is astrophotography and I need to save my $$$ for
>:something in the 300 to 350mm range!
>
>Sounds like you want either an (Auto) extention tube or a close-up lens.
>
>hnz

Second this. Recently acquired a full set of auto extension tubes cheap
($30! NIB) and a Sigma Apo CU 'filter' as well as some B+W CU 'filters' -
there are third party extension tubes around as well. Start rummaging in
dealers junk heaps! For 'very occasional' - these approaches save a lot
over macro lenses, enough to get that 300/4.5, perhaps.
I am about to sally forth and compare the two approaches as I saw an
article that suggested high quality CU lenses were better than tubes! Hmmmm.
Andrew