[OM] Difference in film reflectance

Subject: [OM] Difference in film reflectance
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:12:35 -0400 (EDT)
I am wondering if there is any difference in the amount
of light reflected in exposed film vs. un-exposed film.
For example, when testing one of the OTF models (OM2 to
OM4(T(i))), does it matter what type of film is put in
the film chamber during the test.  In my thinking, there
are (at least) the following possibilities:
  Un-exposed film [a fresh roll every time, expensive]
  Exposed (but un-processed) film [if I use the same
    roll of film to test several bodies, this is what
    I'll end up with]
  Processed un-exposed film [this is just clear film]
  Processed exposed film [in this case, does it matter
    what is on the film?]

So does it matter which type of film I use to check out
the OTF meter accuracy of an unknown body?  Thanks.