Re: [OM] Multiple Exposures

Subject: Re: [OM] Multiple Exposures
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 10:31:06 -0600
Hi, Dave:

On 16 Oct 2000, at 11:41, DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx wrote:

> If we had only known!  20-20 Hindsight!

If only I'd had MONEY back then....  too!  <SIGH!>

> My question:  What is the consensus for re-cocking the shutter so that
> the film will not move and thus not cause loss of resolution?

My attempts at this haven't been successful (yet!).  My first attempts
were Gawd-awful!  I tried again a few weeks ago (putting the subject in
front of plain background...  helped LOTS!), and the results were a little
better but there was still some movement of the film.  I haven't had a
chance to try it again, since then.

Chris

P.S.  I was looking in my OM-1 manual (or was it the OM-2), and it said
to take the first shot and THEN tighten the film using the rewind before
cocking the shutter for the second shot.  I've been tightening the film
first (i.e. before taking any shots).  Someone wanna tell me whether
I have been doing it backwards, or did I misread the manual????