Re: [OM] Street shooting with the 24/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Street shooting with the 24/2.8
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 19:34:27 +0000
My ethical view on it is this.

People out in a public place, are there accepting without thought
that other people will see them.

Why should they object if their image is frozen in time and then made
available for others to see. Anyone viewing the photogrph could have seen
what the photographer saw had they themselves  been there when the photo
was taken.

I can not see why someone who appears in a photograph should have a
valid objection to someone seeing them via a photograph when they would
not have an objection to someone seeing them in person at the time.

In a non public place a person should have every right to object to being
photographed.

Giles