[OM] Olympus FTL info

Subject: [OM] Olympus FTL info
From: Charlie Stricklen <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 01:25:46 -0400
In addition to my OM gear and my wonderbricks (Oops...MF, too. I wish I
could limit my illness to zuikoholism. Every time I start to think I can
live without a 4Ti, I spot a chrome 50mm Distagon for my Hassy 500 C/M.
This is most disturbing, even to me.)

Anyway, in addition to this stuff, my most treasured (if least used)
camera is my Olympus FTL purchased new in 1971 (even then I had to have
every lens available for it--Zuiko 35/2.8, 50/1.4, 135/3.5, 200/4).

I don't know much about this old beauty, except that it has always taken
wonderful pictures. I understand the FTL was marketed for only about a
year or so before the introduction of the OM System. Some have said it
may have been made by Minolta for Olympus. I wasn't aware Minolta was
into screw mount cameras, but it's possible.

Anybody know where I can get some detailed info on this stuff?

Also, does John H. play with these?. It still works fine after all these
years, but there must be some nasty stuff going on inside.

Charlie