Re: [OM] Olympus FTL info

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus FTL info
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 09:23:22 -0500
CS -

I recall hearing (from a relatively reliable source) that the head of
the FTL design team was a fellow who worked on (created?) the
Mamiya/Sekor.  If you look inside them both, you'll see remarkable
similarities in design.

It was also explained to me that it (the FTL) was intended as a "trial
baloon" to see if an Olympus SLR had "legs" in the American/World market
(terminology mine).  It did - they sold enough, it was felt, to proceed
with a "full court press".  Hence the OM System - and the rest, as they
say, is history.

I think I've got a copy of the original instruction manual - write me
off-line if you'd like me to make a copy of it.