Re: [OM] shutter speed ring origin?

Subject: Re: [OM] shutter speed ring origin?
From: "Mark A. Thalman" <markt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 14:53:44 -0500
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away Dirk Wright wrote:

> Does anyone know the reason Olympus gave for putting the shutter speed ring
> around the lens mount? I thought I read it somewhere but I can't find it now.
> I checked the e-sif, but it's not mentioned. Did it have to do with
> ergonomics?

I believe that is the reason.  So that all of the important controls may be
operated with the left hand.  As for the exposure compensation not being an
important control.  I generally set it to what I want for a situation and
don't move it unless something changes dramatically.

--
Mark Thalman, markt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Java and C++ make you think that the new ideas are like the old ones.