Re: [OM] [ot] 16.8 million pixel

Subject: Re: [OM] [ot] 16.8 million pixel
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 07:54:04 +1100
>Hi Tim,
>       I think Foveon´s new chips have 16.8 mega pixels.
>..."The 16.8-million-pixel (4Kx4K) image sensor provides quality
>unmatched by current sensors produced by other CMOS or CCD vendors"...
>What are you talking about 12 mega pixels? I think this tech is much
>better than Kodak´s one, don´t you?
>>Dave

I've seen comments that suggest CMOS technology is VERY slow. I still stick
to my personal demand that I won't go digital until there's a 10megapixel
camera with good interchangeable lenses available for less than $1000.
Could be getting closer than I think.

>> unfortunately they use Cannon lenses!
>>             Tim Hughes
>>             >>Hi100@xxxxxxx<<

Bigot! Still, isn't it about time we leant on Oly to produce a didge body
that takes OM lenses? Now that would be really sensible on their part and
the kind of innovation they're known for. I suppose lack of AF would worry
them but....
Andrew