Re: [OM] Photo Techniques' 25 Best Cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Techniques' 25 Best Cameras
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 23:09:51 EDT
Mike Johnston, who you might remember was a regular poster here about a year
ago, and who was very knowledgeable about Oly equipment and photo equipment
in general, is now a regular on the Pentax list and is making many friends
there. I'm not saying it is wrong that he has a slight commercial bent to his
appearance on these lists because he contributes far more to the lore than he
detracts, but he does have to appease that group as well.  That said, I had a
Pentax Spotmatic, a Ricoh TLS and something that sounded like pre-AIDS,
Pentax HIV or something, that I had to use with an external meter. Both of
the Pentaxes never failed me, until I succumbed to the allure of an OM-2.

I used a Lentar 21mm (bad lens), Vivitar T mount 35mm (horrible lens), 50/2
Takumar (quite good), 135mm/2.8 Vivitar (acceptable) and a so-so Spiratone
500/8 mirror. Those were the days.

Warren