Re: [OM] Zuiko 35-105 f3.5-4.5

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 35-105 f3.5-4.5
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 06:45:22 +0000
At 04:17 10/18/00 , Joel Wilcox wrote:
>> At 11:25 10/18/00 , you wrote in part:
>> About $300+ USD is in the ballpark for one of them.
>> Price will vary some by geography, and of course its condition.  Aside
>from
>> the size and weight which bother some users, its drawback is in dim
>> lighting.  With an f/3.5~4.5 speed, the split image will go black on you
>in
>> very low light, as will any of the slower lenses.
>>
>> -- John
>
>Funny, I haven't noticed any such problem with the split image.  Do you get
>this with both 1- and 2-series screens?
>
>Joel Wilcox
>Iowa City, Iowa USA

Yes, with a 2-13 also, albeit not often.  But it depends on how you define
"very low light," usually with night photos and zoomed out at 105mm
(f/4.5).  Sometimes by adjusting the viewfinder around I can find a "sweet
spot" that illuminates both halves.  At that point it's easier to focus
using the micro-prism ring.

-- John