Re: [OM] Further OM-2S

Subject: Re: [OM] Further OM-2S
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 23:26:50 EDT
George.Mable@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< it would be a set back if the OM-2S is kaput, there is always e-bay I
guess. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  >>

George you might try checking the current drain of your OM2S with a digital
multimeter. If it drains the batteries overnight it will be drawing current
at the mA level all night. Take off the battery cap and connect up the
multimeter on say the 20mA range in between the battery top and the metal of
the case. You will have to push the batteries into contact in the holder.
Reset the  camera by pushing the switch to battery test. the current should
show something in the 10-20mA and then drop back immediately to something
much lower under 2mA . After some time when the display goes blank (when the
camera display times out after a few minutes) the current should drop down to
something like 10-30uA. I don't remember exact values but those qouted should
give you an idea if things are very wrong.

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes