[OM] A battery thief at work in the USPS???

Subject: [OM] A battery thief at work in the USPS???
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 20:47:33 -0400
To all those who ordered 357 batteries from me:

So far I have mailed out 280 batteries in sets of 10, one set per
envelope.  The first mailing of 80 batteries were sent out on or about
October 3.  All of the second mailing of 200 batteries went out on
either Friday, October 13 or Saturday October 14.

To date, 3 people have stated that they have not yet gotten their
batteries.  2 envelopes out of 8 are unaccounted for from the first
mailing.  Today I received my first inquiry from the second mailing
wanting to know if they had been sent.

Enough time has elapsed from the first mailing that I must sadly
conclude that 2 envelopes are missing or stolen (out of 8 that's
25%!!!).  I'm now getting worried about the second shipment.  5 people
have received theirs and already paid which is the speed that the mail
should move.

If you have not gotten your batteries please send me a note to that
effect and do not send money for something that you haven't gotten.
Also, please note that I have no more batteries and can't make good if
you choose to send me money (so please don't do that).

I plan to lodge a complaint with the local postmaster.  I'm getting
nervous that the number of lost envelopes will be larger than 2 but even
2 out of 28 is unacceptable.  This started out to be a way to save a few
bucks on 20 batteries.  This is not the way I planned it. :(

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA