Re: [OM] Re: OT Lefties

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OT Lefties
From: "Bruce Appelbaum" <brucea@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 09:29:32 -0400
I used to have an Exakta back when I was a teenager.  VXiib -- manual
exposure (no integral meter), manual focus.  My father knew somebody who
knew somebody at Seymour's Exakta in NYC (the only camera store that
specialized in Exaktas).  I didn't find the left-handedness to be a
problem -- never had a problem getting used to it.  The camera had a heavy
wooden body, interchangeable prisms, and some decent optics.  I replaced the
original pentaprism with a Travemat (sp?) meter prism.  Back in the
mid-1970s I traded my Exakta in toward the purchase of my first Olympus, an
OM-1n with 50/1.8 lens.

BTW, I am right handed but left-eyed.  Is this a rarity?

end

Regards

Bruce Appelbaum
Yorktown Heights, New York