Re: [OM] OM-2n 'off' shutter speed.

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2n 'off' shutter speed.
From: Jim Couch <spknsprkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 07:37:49 -0700
Actually the camera WILL NOT shoot with a dead battery, the mirror will lock
up like other automatic OMs. What the camera will do is use the OTF metering
to select an apropriate film speed based on the current f stop setting. If I
remember correctly the camera only fires at speeds of 1/60 and above in this
mode. This was always one of my favorite features of the OM-2, I thought it
was just brilliant, I could turn the camera off, stow it in my pack and still
not miss a shot!

Jim