Re: [OM] OM-2n 'off' shutter speed.

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2n 'off' shutter speed.
From: "Mark A. Thalman" <markt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 10:39:58 -0500
Jim Couch wrote:

> Actually the camera WILL NOT shoot with a dead battery, the mirror will lock
> up like other automatic OMs. What the camera will do is use the OTF metering
> to select an apropriate film speed based on the current f stop setting. If I
> remember correctly the camera only fires at speeds of 1/60 and above in this
> mode. This was always one of my favorite features of the OM-2, I thought it
> was just brilliant, I could turn the camera off, stow it in my pack and still
> not miss a shot!

Wow, so maybe I didn't miss that shot, shooting with the camera off.  That's
good to know.

So is the only difference that the camera must shoot at faster than 1/60 and
there is no meter in the viewfinder? (when shooting with the camera off?)

--
Mark Thalman, markt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
The average programmer owns five calculators, two pairs of jeans, and no