Re: [OM] Of Spotmatics and Olys

Subject: Re: [OM] Of Spotmatics and Olys
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 12:55:43 -0700

Oh gawd, yes - let's stay away from car analogies (close one that :-).
Thanks and you make a fair point - perhaps I was overstating for dramatic
effect. Maitaini's design was innovative but it was still a conventional
SLR - just smaller. The Walkperson changed the way we carried personal
music but did the OM change the way we did photography?
Andrew

Well, maybe. After my Leica M3, Visoflex, and several lenses were stolen I had a brief fling with a Canon F1 which convinced me that I would never carry more than 1 extra lens with that monster. With the Oly I actually carry enough of its system to hurt my shoulder and photography is very different for me.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA