[OM] Least Useful/Used Oly Piece

Subject: [OM] Least Useful/Used Oly Piece
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 13:26:43 -0700
We all know the list favorites. You know, the 90mm macro, the 50mm F2 macro, the 350mm F2.8, etc. I was wondering:

1. Is there an Oly lens or accessory that you wonder why you bought it because it is not that great? That is, not that great.

2. Is there an Oly lens or accessory that is just fine, but you find that you just don't use it. That is, just done use it much.

My nomination for #1 is the 2-13 focussing screen added to my OM4T. After pretty extensive looking through it in dim light with various lens, I'll be darned if I can tell much difference in the brightness or ease of focus. It does look prettier than the ground glass in my OM1N, that is, you do not see ground glass grain.

My nomination for #2 is the Varimagni finder, and the 135mm focal length lens.

Any thoughts?

Please control your addiction and the pleas for free equipment. :-)

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA