Re: [OM] Re: OT Lefties

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OT Lefties
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 22:48:03 -0400
Strangly enough, the eyes don't follow the normal nerve control of the rest of the body and brain. The right side of each eye is controlled and sends signals to the right side of the brain, while the left side of each eye goes to the left side of the brain. So the outside of each eye is connected to the corresponding side of the brain while the middles cross connect.

It makes for a neat backup safety system, among other things; in the event of loss of one eye, both sides of the brain still have limited connection to the primary sensory input. Also, if one side of the brain were to be damaged, both eyes still will be used by the other side of the brain.

Gregg

Gary wrote:
Bruce Appelbaum wrote:

> Maybe we should set up our own group.  Left eye connected to right side of
> the brain (supposedly the source of creativity) while right hand connected
> to left side of brain (analytical).
>
> end
>
> Regards
>
> Bruce Appelbaum
> Yorktown Heights, New York

Well you do know the old saying-
The right side is controlled by the left side of the brain and the
left side is controlled by the right side of the brain.

Therefore:  only left handers are in their right minds. }:-)>>

                yours right minded.

                                Garry
--
Why is it that we come up with the most complicate ways of
"simplifying" our lives?