[OM] Advice for sneaking stuff past spouse

Subject: [OM] Advice for sneaking stuff past spouse
From: miaim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 08:18:21 -0400
DON'T DO IT!!!!

I think that if I had to pick one single thing that is most wrong with
society it would be the ease at which most people will lie. It's easy to
lie to a telemarketer that you don't want to talk to, or a boss that
presses you on a trivial item of little consequence, etc. But it shouldn't
be so. Lying to a spouse; about anything at all, is to breach the trust of
the one person that should be one's most trusted partner. It's akin to
lying to one's self.

Telling a little fib about a camera or lens purchase may not seem like much
to you, but perhaps telling an untruth about something of greater
importance may not seem like that much to her. It's a no win situation.

We have only one ironclad rule in this house. NO LIES about anything at
all. Trust and understanding form this incredible bond that seems to just
get stronger and feel better as time goes by.

Mike Swaim