Re: [OM] Suggestions for paying in France?

Subject: Re: [OM] Suggestions for paying in France?
From: Frank van Lindert <franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 18:56:34 +0200
Dinkar,

Three options are good:

1. Buy French Francs and send them with registered mail to France
2. Buy American Express Travlers Cheques in Euro (!!) and send them
registered to France. The receiver will be able to cash them cheap or
free of charge. The AMEX TC is to be considered a money order too.
3. Send sterling, and include some extra for the seller to cover the
charge of the currency conversion. Of course he must be willing to
accept sterling.

BidPay is not good, because the money order the seller receives will
be subject to bank charges when cashed.

Good luck,

Frank van LIndert
Utrecht Holland.