Re: [OM] Re: worst piece of OM gear

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: worst piece of OM gear
From: "Mike Cormier" <ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 15:16:38 ADT
That's because it's not *really* part of the OM line. Like the OM-2000 it is made by Cosina under Olympus license. God only knows why Oly prostituted itself to Cosina like that... It's almost as shameful as when the Zeiss name was used on OM-mount glass... sorry to burst a few bubbles, but it's NOT real carl zeiss. It's 1000ure unadulterated crap.

Pure Zuiko all the way... with the exception of the AF/PF Olympus lenses which were produced for the OM707/101/88/77 cameras. They aren'y true zuiko's either, but they are Olympus glass and quite nice on those bodies.

Just MHO,
-Mike

completely shoddy 35-70/3.5-4.8 lens that came with that
body. While I've got other stuff that doesn't get used as much as I thought
I'd use it, that one lens stands alone as the only piece of OM gear that
SHOULDN'T ever be used. That lens should've never been marketed by Olympus
because it gives newcomers a totally false idea about what OM gear is
about. It has got to be the single worst thing ever under the whole OM line.