[OM] Re: [olympus-pen-rf] 35rc w/ Bad Meter - What to do?

Subject: [OM] Re: [olympus-pen-rf] 35rc w/ Bad Meter - What to do?
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 21:16:44 +0100
Hal Landvoigt wrote:

> I just bought a 35rc on Ebay and the meter in it is bad..... I do have a
new battery in it. Is this worth
> trying to fix or should I just look for another camera?

Did the seller say that the meter was working? If so you could return the
camera and get your money back but it may be worth trying another battery
first or check that the one you have is okay. Be sure too, that the light
you're trying to measure is within the range of the camera's settings
because that's how the needle behaves in conditions of over- or
underexposure.

A meter repair is probably uneconomical. You can of course use the camera on
manual with a separate exposure meter. Many users do that anyway, and
someone called it "a little Leica M" when used like that.

Regards,
Keith Berry
(Birmingham, England)
k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx