Re: [OM] Most wanted piece of OM equipment?

Subject: Re: [OM] Most wanted piece of OM equipment?
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 17:30:34 -0500
oops, I was just thinking the standard bellows.  Got to stop reading so
quickly.

Course I do have one, attached to my OM-8 (they discontiued the OM-6
already---nobody bought any, but nobody new they existed.)  The OM-8 is
pretty cool.  It's a dual film/digital.  If you put film in, it exposes the
film but also shows you a preview on the LCD panel on the back.  If you
leave the film out, it's a pure digital. 56 megapixels.  Comes with the
nicest little zoom, the size and weight of the 35-70/3.5-4.5, but it's a
constant aperture 8-1000 f/1.  Trying to tempt the wunderbrick crowd, it has
an integral motor drive, 36 fps, with a neat attachment that goes on the
side and lets you drop in a dozen standard 36 exposure film cartridges.

Oh yes, the 8-1000 is autofocus too.

The downside is they only made the one.

Tom