Re: [OM] Advice for sneaking stuff past spouse

Subject: Re: [OM] Advice for sneaking stuff past spouse
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 23:10:25 +0000
It's all in humor Mike (at least I think it is).

Went to the major camera store in downtown Indianapolis early this morning.
 Saw an OM-2n there and mentioned to one of the saleswomen I was in lust
with it.  [Yeah, what I really need is yet another camera body!]  Said "You
could take it home with you today."  I replied I wouldn't survive to see
the sunrise if I did.  She mentioned the jewelry store you have to walk
through to get to the camera store.  Yep, that's right, the front third of
the camera store is a fine (read: expensive) jewelry store!  Kinda solves
the problem without sneaking around.  It's the only camera store I've ever
seen set up that way, but it makes sense now.

Mentioned this thread, and a similar one from months ago; she said "Yep,
and when the old geezer finally kicks the bucket, the surviving wife finds
the horded cache, has no idea what it's really worth, and dumps it for $50
at a garage sale."

-- John