Re: [OM] Suggestions for paying in France?

Subject: Re: [OM] Suggestions for paying in France?
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 15:14:05 +0000
I would send cash, easily obtained from a bureau de change.  You could
send the person US$ or francs.

Since the deal was in US$ you could justifiably just send US$ or use one
of the many on-line currency converters to do the cross calculations and
send Francs.  Do the calculations and mention the alternatives to the
seller and ask which they would prefer.  Some of the finance sections in
newspapers probably carry the exchange rates.  Use the rates applicable on
the day the auction closed if possible.

I disguise cash by placing it in an envelope between two sheets of thin
cardboard from a cereal box.  I have never had any fail to reach the
intended destination, and i have done this many times.

Alternatively, if you do not feel happy with cash, most banks should be
able to do you a bank draft in francs, probably at a cost of a couple
pounds.  Cash is cheaper to obtain than a bank draft which is why I use it
a lot.

Giles