[OM] Hideous prints

Subject: [OM] Hideous prints
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 21:04:05 -0700 (PDT)
Dear All,

I just had a Fuji Superia 200 ISO film developed. The prints were
hideous - washed out and blue-green in colour. I looked at the negs and
saw that they, too, were washed out, with hardly any emulsion left.
They also lacked the usual (orange) colour cast I'm used to seeing on
colour negs. I realise that there was no way the prints could be any
good from a film like that. My wife selected the processing lab but I
noticed that the envelope containing the negs and prints had "Konica"
printed all over it. The camera used was a Leica Mini Zoom P&S, from
which the results are usually good. The camera + film went through
probably four X-ray tests at the airports of Jakarta and Medan (North
Sumatra).

The possibilities that occur to me are: under-exposed by the camera,
leading to washed-out emulsion; incorrect processing (is Konica colour
negative film processed differently from Fuji Superia?); defective
film.

I'd be interested in people's ideas of what went wrong. ObOly: I'd hate
to have this happen to a film taken with my OM!

Regards,

=====
Ray