Re: [OM] Hideous prints

Subject: Re: [OM] Hideous prints
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 22:26:52 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, Ray Moth wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>I just had a Fuji Superia 200 ISO film developed. The prints were
>hideous - washed out and blue-green in colour. I looked at the negs and
>saw that they, too, were washed out, with hardly any emulsion left.
>They also lacked the usual (orange) colour cast I'm used to seeing on
>colour negs.

ditto my last experience, but it was super hq 200, developed and printed
by fuji in LA

>I realise that there was no way the prints could be any
>good from a film like that. My wife selected the processing lab but I
>noticed that the envelope containing the negs and prints had "Konica"
>printed all over it. The camera used was a Leica Mini Zoom P&S, from
>which the results are usually good. The camera + film went through
>probably four X-ray tests at the airports of Jakarta and Medan (North
>Sumatra).

had four rolls of film (100, 200, 400x2) pass thru the xray for carryon
luggage aout five times. no probs.

>The possibilities that occur to me are: under-exposed by the camera,
>leading to washed-out emulsion; incorrect processing (is Konica colour
>negative film processed differently from Fuji Superia?); defective
>film.

i'd guess defective chemicals, not film altho it could be both. somehow, i
tend to doubt the chems more than the film.

>I'd be interested in people's ideas of what went wrong. ObOly: I'd hate
>to have this happen to a film taken with my OM!

been there, done that, haert breaking (vacation shots!)

/Acer V
--
dum spiro, spero
http://student.ucr.edu/~siddim01