Re: [OM] TOPE comments

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE comments
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 00:16:48 -0700 (PDT)
Chris O'Neill wrote:

(snip). . . there's some darned nice shots in this TOPE.  I'm
just not one to make a lot of comments, as I consider myself to be in
"still learning" mode which is usually better done with mouth shut and
pen down.  <G>
Chris, I agree, there *are* some darned nice shots! I disagree,
however, that being in "still learning" mode means you've got to keep
your mouth shut. One of the things IMHO that we all need to learn, if
we're going to improve, is how to appreciate and criticise (positively
or otherwise) our own photographs and those of others. I believe
everyone interested in photography is entitled to express an opinion on
the pictures posted in TOPE. I don't think anyone on this List would
consider himself/herself to be more entitled to comment than anyone
else, regardless of experience (and, of course, we're ALL in "still
learning" mode - sorry for the platitude but someone was bound to say
it!). I do find it rather humbling, though, to see how really good some
people's work is, and I agree with you, this TOPE is excellent!  Kudos
to Olaf for organising it for us. :-)

Regards,

=====
Ray