Re: [OM] [marginally OT] - falling OM prices on ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] [marginally OT] - falling OM prices on ebay
From: Frank van Lindert <franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:52:24 +0200
I see a few reasons which may help towards lower prices of some eBay
items:

1. Non US-bidders are on strike, since the dollar is too expensive for
the rest of the world, especially Europe.
2. Ever more US sellers say in their auction description that they
will 'ship to USA only', which isn't very attractive for eBay users
worldwide.
3. In your particular case, Tom, you auctioned many items at the same
time which may have made people think that you are a dealer. Many
buyers do not want to buy from professional dealers on eBay.
In particular people outside the US are reluctant to do so, since
'corporate' shipments are much more prone to being taxed by customs
than items from private sellers, coming in a scruffy shoebox...

But I must add that some items have brought their sellers high prices
recently. Some examples: A Pangerl manual for $62, a defective 4T with
a 50/2 macro for $529.50 etcetera....

Frank.