[OM] Re: MF chatter...

Subject: [OM] Re: MF chatter...
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 01:55:32 +0000
>Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:22:35 -0700
>From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] 35mm vs. medium format heresies
>
>On the other hand I have seen 60mm slides projected large, whose
>color and contrast seem to blow 35 mm out of the water. Is medium
>format really better? How about the 45x60mm? Evidently Art Wolfe
>thinks so

Yes, MF is an outstanding medium. Outstandingly expensive and heavy, as well
as making really nice pictures. You have to work slower, and there ain't any
really good TTL metering like in an OM-4, at least in affordable MF gear.
Probably the latest and greatest Contax and Mamiya have really good TTL
metering.....but get a second mortgage on your house to go there....

--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright