[OM] OT: No More Local Ilfochrome Services :(

Subject: [OM] OT: No More Local Ilfochrome Services :(
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 09:54:49 -0700
The subject line pretty much 'splains my dilemma. Just when I get a rash
of orders for Ilfochrome prints my local lab tells me they are yanking
out the processor and no longer doing Ilfochromes :(. This after many,
many years of offering both printing services as well as lab rentals and
Ilfochrome/Cibachrome printing classes. They tell me Type-R has improved
and some recent prints I have seen look nice but I'm reluctant to offer
Type-R for the same prices I charged for Ilfochromes. (Despite there not
being much of a difference in my cost.) I am also reluctant to go to a
lab outside my area for this service and doing my own is not feasible.
While I have had many satisfied customers with these new
digital-to-photographic process prints (shutterfly.com, ezprints.com,
etc.) there still seems to be a demand for high quality analog prints
and I'm just not sure Type-R meets that requirement. Suggestions and
advice on this will be greatly appreciated. I ask here as this is the
only photography mail list I participate in. TIA for your thoughts.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com