Re: [OM] List Rules Suggestion (WAS: Response to 16mm fisheye and 2 OM-2

Subject: Re: [OM] List Rules Suggestion (WAS: Response to 16mm fisheye and 2 OM-2 bodies)
From: Jim Sharp <jsharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 21:31:47 -0500
I'm pretty new here too and I've noticed the same thing. There seem to
be some rules that the long time posters consistently abide by, but that
us newbies always seem to miss... I've tried to avoid the problem by
posting less and reading more, but I'm still caught by surprise at
times. I just vaguely remember the FS post that started this discussion.
I would have never guessed it would bring any comment. It looked like a
typical FS post to me.

I'm also on a number of other email lists and as often as not, there is
a FAQ available for new users. Usually things like FS posting rules are
covered there. Some lists have *very* strict rules about everything,
going as far as the list owner deciding when a thread is closed etc.
Others are more like sitting in a bar with friends. Each list has it's
own personality.

So while I'm not suggesting that anyone should have to spend valuable
time generating and publishing list rules, try to keep in mind that some
of us don't know what it acceptable, and what is not, past the obvious
things. I'm sure all of us will be more than happy to abide by the rules
once we know them.

Frankly, this list runs far better then many I've seen. My hat's off to
the list owner and all the old-timers for that.

--
Jim - Just another new guy who happens to love his OM cameras.