RE: [OM] [marginally OT] - falling OM prices on ebay

Subject: RE: [OM] [marginally OT] - falling OM prices on ebay
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 22:58:15 -0400
Now I'm worried... you are making perfect sense to me. If I'm looking to buy something below value, the best person to go to is the one who knows little about the product. If I am looking for quality, I'll go to a dealer who stands behind the product and their reputation.

Gregg

Jim  wrote:
Come on, guys, where's your sense of adventure?  The "guy or gal who is
selling the item for an aunt/uncle/friend of a friend, or
selling an item from an estate sale, ect." is still your last best hope of
finding those rare gems in the rough.  My first OM-4 was one of these, and
maybe I'm just a bit daft (not even an arguable point amongst those that
know me well), but I derive a certain amount of pleasure from ferreting out
these 'lurking nuggets'.   And I still believe that part of the attraction
of E*ay et al is the thrill of the hunt.  The OM-2/16mm package that started
this whole thread was just one of these situations.  The only thing that
disappointed me was that James decided to dismount his steed, call off the
dogs, and phone ahead and snatch the fox before the hunt was scheduled to
end.  I guess I can say 'touché', James, but still feel a certain amount of
sour grapes.

If none of this makes sense, accept my apologies and summarily delete me.
Jim Timpe
Fluke Customer Support Services
1420 75th Street SW
Everett, WA 98203