Re: [OM] [OT] - falling prices on ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] - falling prices on ebay
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 18:20:09 +1100
>Not to start a war over semantics, but I see nothing wrong with informing
>potentially ignorant (not stupid, but uninformed) bidders that something
>like a Nikon filter can fit other cameras just as well. I've done so in at
>least one item description and there was no intent to "spam" eBayers who
>were using the search engine.  Let's not forget that for every educated
>photographer there are probably 100 or more people who know little about
>their gear other than the brand name.
>
>Frankly, I believe it's up to the person using a search engine to refine
>his/her search terms.  Web search engines are better than ever, yet there
>are still people who want others to do the work for them.
>Lex Jenkins

Not quite what he means, I think - I check the screw-mount lists
occasionally (remember I'm that Spotty fan) and one seller there listed
screw mount to K mount adaptors over 50 times at one point - all the same
price, none with bids. In some areas, even fairly tight searches draw this
type of dealer clogging. Very annoying if you want to cruise a category
looking for bargains or for your own education.
Andrew