[OM] One more comments on sales.....important

Subject: [OM] One more comments on sales.....important
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 06:23:25 -0500
I don't know where my brain is.  Probably on the airplane (I'm traveling
this week).

Your wrath should be focused at me.

As I mentioned, when he bought the body/lens for a great value, for which I
applaud him, I was the one that mentioned that if he wanted to sell it, he
should post it here.  I proudly talked about what a family this list was and
that he should share it with a community of folks that would appreciate and
use such treasures.  I suggested that he offer them at a fair price, as all
of us try to do, but didn't suggest that he should offer it as the 'deal of
the century'.  Why would I?  We all look for bargains. Sometimes we really
score one, sometimes we eventually sell them.  Is there some kind of a
waiting period (yes, I said that because it is so ridiculous).  If he's
waited a month, a year, a decade, would it have been all right?  I'm a
little embarassed that my suggestion resulted in so much pain for him....and
I have personal experience at being beaten up on this list, more than once,
and I can tell you it really does hurt.

For whatever reason, we seem to be spending more and more time on this list
criticizing other members of the list, and the 'original post to flame'
ratio is about 100 to 1.

I liked the analogy of friends in a bar.....mostly we talk about shared
interests, sometimes we stray off topic....

Let's get back to that friendship and stop beating up on someone for doing a
good job getting some fine equipment and then offering us a good value.

My 2 cents, available for sale for just $10,000,000.

Tom