Re: [OM] [OT] Translating German

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Translating German
From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 15:54:04 +0200
Yo,

on Wed, 25 Oct 2000 02:52:25 GMT,  Lex Jenkins wrote:

>If the actual item for sale were an iS-3000, the word would be approximately
>4,750 letters in length, describing every major feature of the camera and
>would include within the single word such recognizable phonetically
>pronouncable phrases as "lenzenkappen", "schutzenbutten" and
>"automotofilmendriven".

While this bears no resemblance to the German I grew up with, it sure does
remind me of the "Golden Girls" (now where was that one Lady (Rose?) from -
Sweden? Denmark?). :-)
So, while Lex's German seems to be a bit rusty, he can still serve as a
warning example of what happens to you if you watch too much TV. ;-)))

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--
Volkhart Baumgaertner     email: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx