Re: [OM] om gear life expectancy.....

Subject: Re: [OM] om gear life expectancy.....
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 22:14:50 GMT
That reminds me, folks. The Wolfe Camera used store on Harry Hines in Dallas has a bin of as-is stuff that, every time I've visited, has included at least one defunct OM-2 (I haven't looked closely enough to determine whether these were OM-2, OM-2S or OM-2N). Prices have been around $35-$50. On some a part is actually broken or missing, but others have appeared to be working but extremely rough cosmetically.

Next time I visit I'll take better notes and let the list know what I find.

Gary's advice is good. I bought an apparently non-working Minolta XD5 to cannibalize for parts to keep another XD5 running. Paid $20. Turns out there wasn't much wrong with the $20 body, while the other was worse off. So I made one good XD5 for mom. Who couldn't remember how to use it. So I swapped it for her beloved iS-2.
Lex Jenkins
"Budda-budda-budda!!!" - Sgt. Rock
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 09:32:50 -0700

I keep carcasses around to provide parts to cannabalize....If anyone wants
to use their OM's till the day they die, I think picking up some
carcasses is a very good insurance policy.