[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1926

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1926
From: "David Jenkinson" <jenkinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 23:05:09 +0100
James, I hope you'll reconsider...you've been unfairly and inappropriately
flamed, it seems to me.  I'd *much* rather buy off a listee rather than
Ebay.  This is what these lists are all about, IMHO, a way of meeting (and
exchanging with if thats agreeable to all) other people who are users of the
OM system.  How you purchase the items, and what you paid for them, and why
you're selling, is none of my or anyone elses business.  I hope you'll
remember that.
There does seem to be an occassional unpleasant flavour to this list, with
people getting roasted alive for passing comments about their interests that
might not be directly related to OM business, or because of the percieved
immorality of their behaviour or points of view, and now because James has
been percieved to have been acting unfairly in some way.
A suggestion to those who seem too ready to launch the flame wars, can you
grind your axe elsewhere, please?  I'm on this list to hear your views and
tales about OM stuff. *not* to ram my POV down your throat.

Can I support Jim Couch's proposals about FS posts, ie

"A)    They are clearly identified as FS posts so those who have no interest
can ignore them.
B)    The poster clearly identify if they are an individual or dealer.
C)    The be adds for Olympus or Olympus compatible (after market lenses,
ect) items ONLY.
D)    A given add is only placed once"

with the addition of the point that Doris raised, that the posts should be
new threads rather than continuations of another subject.

And finally, obOMcontent:
Has anyone got a spare black plastic collar that fits around the rewind
lever of the OM-3, say from a broken OM-2s, 3 or 4, that I could buy off
you.  I understand (perhaps incorrectly) that it's just a matter of
push-fitting the collar with a touch of glue.  I'm sure it doesn't affect
camera operation, the fact that its missing, but I am a wee bit worried
about water getting in there, and it might provoke me to squirt oil down it
or something if the collar's not there.  No idea how it came off.....
Only kidding about the oil......maybe.....
Dave