Re: [OM] Olympus "stretch-top" OM-2s

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus "stretch-top" OM-2s
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 20:15:38 -0400
Hot damn!  I have a stretch top OM-2s!  I knew it had to be something
special.  Now, if only I had more MC lenses :)   Does this rate a
service discount, John, if the top doesn't have to be hammered back on
to fit the wires in?

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA

When Olympus  came up with the mod for the flash ready LED, they also
took
their remaining stock of 2S top covers and stretched the prism area.
If you look next to the meter switch, where the top cover goes vertical,
and
then slants to the right to go over the prism, it's that short vertical
area
than changed.  On old cameras the vertical portion is approx. 1 mm high.
Stretched 2s tops are 1.5mm high. Stretched tops ran out long ago.

John  Hermanson