Re: [OM] OT: "America" (was "RMIT Listees" etc.)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: "America" (was "RMIT Listees" etc.)
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 20:06:55 -0500
> Joel wrote:
>
> <snip>
> at least until all of our Tories/loyalists
> arrived there during the rebellion from England
> <snip>
>
> *sigh* - I'm just happy when people remember that Scotland *exists*. And
> that 'England' is just one quarter of The United Kingdom of Great Britain
> and Northern Ireland, known as TUKOGBANI to those in the know. Which just
> happens to be Swahili for 'dead duck'....
>
> Donald Neil MacDonald (go on, guess...)

Fear not.  I used "England" deliberately because I just didn't think there
was much of a real quarrel with Scotland, Wales, or Ireland.  I know there
was that Union thing in 1707 or thereabouts that you're all so happy about.
Didn't we send you
"Braveheart" and incite you to call your own Parliament or something?  You
think we don't love you here "across the water"?

If it is more accurate to identify the imperial antagonist as Great Britain
than England, I stand corrected. ;-)

Joel