Re: [OM] OM-1n battery problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1n battery problem
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 01:47:41 -0700
Cc: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

>Hi Nick,
>Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> can probably supply you with a
>real mercury battery for about $5.00.  That should hold you for several
>years.  They last a long, long time. [snip]

Chuck is absolutely correct -- on almost all counts, and I'd like to
thank him for the plug.  Indeed, I still have plenty of new, fresh,
factory-sealed, made by Varta, Germany (best quality!) mercury PX625
(aka PX13) cells available, which I am happy to sell to US-based OLY
list members as well as to their friends and families.  Pls feel free
to inquire off-list re: quantities, shipping charges (at cost!), etc.

Hg cells have a shelf life in excess of 10 years, and last up to two
years inside the OM-1/1N.

(Pls note that shipping of Hg cells across international borders can
be problematic, since they are now banned in most jurisdictions.)

The only correction to Chuck's post is my e-mail address which is now
<schloss@xxxxxxxxxxx>.  The above old e-mail address no longer exists.
Pls, do update your address books.

P.S. Sorry for the belated response to this: despite my best efforts,
I'm still waaay behind in reading the OLY list digest.

P.P.S. I consider being forced to choose only one OM body and a single
Zuiko lens cruel and unusual punishment.  No one, but no one should be
subjected to this!  :-) :-)

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxx