[OM] [OT] Missed photo opportunity

Subject: [OM] [OT] Missed photo opportunity
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 01:57:10 -0700 (PDT)
Dear All,

Thought you might be interested in what happened to me Tuesday evening
in jolly old Jakarta. I was in an almost deserted cafe called
"Hore-Hore", enjoying a meal and a quiet drink of beer with my better
0.5 when, suddenly, a group of fanatics, dressed in white and carrying
sticks, stormed in and ordered everyone out of the place. (I know -
that sentence was too long). We left quietly without paying (there
wasn't time) but before we got out of the door they had already started
smashing up the place. There must have been several dozen others in the
car park. Apparently they had arrived in three large trucks.

These fanatics threatened bars and cafes last year at the start of
Ramadhan but only to stop them from serving alcoholic drinks before
7:00 pm. I used to get served my booze in a coffe mug! Seems that
they're more serious this year and several places have already been
attacked, even though Ramadhan is still a month away. Their target
seems to be the buildings and their contents, especially booze, rather
than the clientele or staff. Nevertheless, it's worrying, even though
some of them did help us get out of the car park into the stream of
traffic.

ObOly: I didn't have my durned camera with me, or I could have gone out
in a blaze of T32 glory!

Regards,

=====
Ray