Re: [OM] Closed Cell foam

Subject: Re: [OM] Closed Cell foam
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:15:37 -0600
At 11:20 PM 10/25/2000 -0400, Dave Dougherty wrote:
>Where do I get closed cell foam to use to fashion the innerds of a walkabout
>bag to protect my stuff?  Any members have experience in this.  I want to put
>it in a shoulder bag that will hold a body and two zooms  (35-70 & 75-150).
>I want to disguise the idea that I am carrying photography equipment but
>still protect it.

Dave:

If you're in Canada, you could get it from Mountain Equipment Co-op
(www.mec.ca), which sells it for a variety of insulation/bedding purposes for
those of us who occasionally like to sleep out under the stars.  They sell the
blue foam (good stuff, not the junk you can buy most places), as well as
Evazote Gold, which is physically blown with pure nitrogen.

You might also want to check out their site and see if you can get ideas for a
Web search.

Garth