[OM] Re: Mike's F1 Olympus cars....

Subject: [OM] Re: Mike's F1 Olympus cars....
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:44:18 -0700
In a message dated 10/26/00 Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

<< Mike, any chance that you would offer a reasonable price to the list
for
prints of photos of these cars? >>

Given all the positives this list has done for me in the time I have
been here, by all means! I don't wish to use this list to expand my
potential customer base. If anyone here is interested in that image (and
I will have more of the Olympus sponsored JPS Loti once scanning from
Monterey Historics 2000 is complete--someday soon I hope) let me know.
Perhaps the best ways to share these are:

1. I upload a large file (or files) to ezprints.com or shutterfly.com
and allow "sharing" to all who e-mail a request to me. Another option
would be a place like "zing.com" where we can share photos and order
prints from one another's images that appear there (which is food for
thought). I know we already have an Olympus list gallery...

or

2. I make a large file available to a volunteer who wants to print with
an inkjet. Or, I suppose I could print a few since I have an Epson Photo
EX but once all is said and done time+paper+ink I think the on-line
printing services are a better way to go except for proofing (and their
prints don't fade).

or

3. If someone wants to host the large file(s) I could FTP it(them)
there. My site is already way over the storage limit (not that the host
seems to care as they haven't said anything and let me keep uploading)
and a ~20-30 meg file could break the camel's back.

As an aside, it is my policy that all images I put on the website are
available for personal use. I know it is risky but the file sizes are
pretty small and useless for much aside from on-screen usage. Catering
to race fans, teams, etc. I consider it to be "advertising" since it
keeps people coming back looking for more. If anyone wishes to use that
Olympus sponsored car shot on their personal Olympus page feel free but
please let me know. (I keep a list of all site usage requests and
personal sites get free usage, commercial sites obviously do not).

Thanks Dirk, I would not have thought to offer it as I didn't realize
anyone would want prints, but great idea that perhaps we could expand on
in the future.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com